At Laura Lee Jewellery we pride ourselves on the quality and durability of our Jewellery. Although delicate, each piece has been designed to last, and so we would suggest these following top tips for keeping your jewellery looking its best.
- Fine chains and longer necklaces should be suspended when not being worn to keep them from tangling.
- When not being worn, it is best to keep jewellery in a zip locked plastic bag. This will slow down the effects of oxidation, which is due to environment exposure.
- Store jewellery separately, so that it does not scratch or rub against each other
If you do not know your ring size we strongly advise you go to a local jewellers and have them measure your UK ring size.
If you would prefer to get measured at home, you can order a ring sizer from us here.
If you do know your ring size but need to convert it, check the chart below.
You can also try this website: www.findmyringsize.com. We will try as hard as we can to advise you on your ring size but we can not be held responsible for determining your ring size. Everyone likes wearing their rings differently depending on the shape of your hands - its best to go and get measured!
- When multiple necklaces are being worn (as we love to do at LLJ!), separate each chain a few times throughout the day, this will keep them from tangling.
- Remove your jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening, or any other physical work.
- Try to keep your jewellery away from any harsh cosmetics. This will cause for gold plating to erode, silver to tarnish and damage gemstones such as pearls at a much faster rate. These include; perfumes, soaps, lotions, and creams. Take rings off when washing your hands and showering, and applying perfume and lotions before you put on your jewellery.
- Gold Plate will errode over time and depending on how often you wear the piece, it will need replating every 6 - 18 months.
- Every person’s skin type is different, and so this can also effect your Jewellery life. The acid in our skin can speed up the tarnishing process and damage gemstones such as pearls, but this will differ from person to person.
- Jewellery should always be taken off before entering a pool, shower or sea.
We offer a full repair service with all of our jewellery. Whether you have owned a piece of our jewellery for a few months or a few years, we would be very happy to have it repaired for you, if such a problem occurs. We offer a replating service.
Any piece that is in need of repair will be sent to the workshop where the item was originally made. Our team will then determine whether the damage was caused by a fault or otherwise, and will charge a fee deservingly. If you would like to ask any questions, please feel free to contact us using the form below.
All repairs are to be sent or handed in to the shop with all the necessary contact details, a covering letter explaining the problem and the return address.